Walking your dog is one of the many pleasures that come with sharing your life with a pet.
Both of you enjoy the fresh air and exercise, but a loose dog can transform this relaxing activity into an emergency.
Off-leash dog attacks happen when dog walkers encounter stray dogs, dogs that have gotten loose from yards or houses, or dogs that have pulled free of their owners’ leashes.
You can prepare yourself for this scenario.
With the right knowledge and strategies, you could avoid problems and be ready to take swift action if things go badly.
- Is It Okay to Let a Dog That You Are Not Familiar With Meet the Dog You Are Walking?
- Learn How to Judge the Body Language of an Off-Leash Dog
- How to Prepare for an Encounter with an Off-Leash Dog
- What to Do If a Friendly Off-Leash Dog Approaches Your Dog
- What to Do If an Aggressive Dog Approaches You
- Should I Pick Up My Small Dog When Threatened by an Aggressive Dog?
- Educate Yourself and Be Ready for an Emergency